2007/11/02

ping

How is it that I can go months without reading a single blog, yet when I finally do I see that someone tagged me not four days ago?

I turn 40 in just over a week (which makes me older than Kirby, yet much, much, much younger than Larry), so I guess I'd better finish typing this post before my hands cramp up from the arthritis.



1. Name one person who made you laugh last night.
My 15-year-old daughter. At the last minute she decided she had to carve a jack-o-lantern, even though she wouldn't be home to enjoy it. It wasn't knee-slapping, but it was cute. You live for the cute moments when they're 15, mainly because you're trying so hard to avoid admitting they're outnumbered by the hawt moments.

2. What were you doing at 0800?
I wasn't even born until the 1960s! What the hell kind of question is that?

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Fighting to get RSSOwl to properly display HTML. I gave up and installed Akregator, instead.

4. What happened to you in 2006?
I embarked on my second (or is it my third) career. I'm now a gigolo.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"Of course you can." (My son asks to take a shower, yet helps himself to my cola. WTF?)

6. How many beverages did you have today?
A generic Boost, four cups of coffee, one tall glass of pop, a glass of milk, a glass of water. That's eight. Gotta run.

7. What color is your hairbrush?
I checked while I was in there. It's blue. But I once had a woody, too.

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Gasoline. We should be good for another couple months, now. Right?

9. Where were you last night?
Home.

10. What color is your front door?
White. Except for that streak of spider guts near the bottom hinge.

11. Where do you keep your change?
I carry it in my front left pocket. When I'm not carrying it, it sits in Mister Christmas Bear.

12. What’s the weather like today?
It got up to 11 (52F) today, with a fair bit of sun. It's supposed to drop below freezing tonight, though.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
A rare treat would be Häagen-Dazs Coffee. But I love peppermint or pistachio, too.

14. What excites you?
A job well done. Playing with our cats and dog. When a new issue of Make hits the stands. A good debate. Chili.

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
No. Is this one of the questions you added to the list, Larry?

16. Are you over the age of 25?
Not on Mars, no.

17. Do you talk a lot?
No. If silence --or a man in a bra-- makes you uncomfortable, find someone else to hang with.

18. Have you watched any television series, regularly, to which you be ashamed to admit your regular viewership? What was your favorite episode?
Nothing I'd be ashamed of, no. Who doesn't like Tony Danza?

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
No. Sorry, were you looking for him?

20. Do you make up your own words?
All the time, but I can't for the life of me think of any examples. I must have blockosis.

21. Are you a jealous person?
Not at all. Would you be insecure if you were hot like me?

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Anni

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
Kim :D

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
I don't know what this means, but I was tagged by an ex-lawyer type so I figure it's nonsense anyway.

25. What does the last text message you received say?
I haven't sent or received a text message in my life.

26. Do you chew on your straw?
No. But I do chew my ice.

27. Do you have curly hair?
Yes. It's annoying as hell.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Bed.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Me.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
A Halloween-sized candy bar.

31. Will you get married in the future?
I may renew my vows, but otherwise, no. If I outlive her, I'll die lonely.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
I watched Much Ado About Nothing, the one with Keanu Reeves, the other day. I was surprisingly pleased.

33. Is there anyone you like right now?
Mrs. Galoot is always at the top of my list. But I like Randy, the W1K Admins (even the old ex-lawyer type), and my kids, of course. I think this question's supposed to be a follow-up to the movie one above, though, in which case I like Al Pacino.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
A couple of hours ago. It's my favorite chore.

35. Are you currently depressed?
Devalued, yes. Depressed, no.

36. Did you cry today?
I banged my knee of the box spring while playing with the dog, but I didn't come to tears.

37. Why did you answer and post this?
I wanted to try out my new It's All Text! Firefox extension to see how it works. It works well.

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey.
Other than Nike, I can't think of anyone but Ali who'd be interested, and Larry already tagged her.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]