2007/04/06

What would Jesus really do? - CNN.com

Kirby pointed to this CNN commentary:What would Jesus really do?
"When did it come to the point that being a Christian meant caring about only two issues,­ abortion and homosexuality?"

After reading the article, I couldn't control my fingers and had to fire off the following comment:

"I'm not a Christian, but I couldn't agree more. Despite the fact that we know we shouldn't, people generalise. We base our opinions of a group on the most visible or vocal members of that group. When we non-Christians think of Christians, we often think of precisely the ones you've named. It's difficult not to reach the conclusion that you're ALL a bunch of judgmental loudmouths rather than the gentle and giving souls I've come to know over the last few years.

Your spokespeople do you a disservice."
Comments:
Oh, GOOD topic. I could start a rant now and go on for pages (and I _am_ a Christian, though I do not belong to any church anymore, and many of those spokespeople you mentioned felt inclined to tell me I shouldn't call myself that - but that's another rant for another day).

This topic seems to cross with another fave topic of mine, and this is American politics, where the said issues (homosexuality and abortion) seem to be enough to win an election, even if it's just an apocryphal one.

In my very personal but not so humble opinion, Jesus gave a f*** about homosexuality and would have easily found it in himself to understand some reasons of abortion.

I s'pose he should be better at that understanding and forgiving stuff than I am - and I find no problems in understanding (and no reason to forgive). So if he isn't better at it than I am, where's the point of all this crucifying?

And isn't that an appropriate topic for the Easter sunday? :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]