2007/01/04

MeanMrMustard's Musings: Movie Meme

I've been tagged by Larry, who knows that's the only way to make me blog. Damn you.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Spice World. My daughter loved it until the label wore off. When that happened, I put a similar label on a known bad video and told her that the movie wouldn't play without a proper label. That's not true, but I thought about it. Did you mean "10 times willingly?" In that case, The Changeling, starring George C. Scott.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Oddly enough, The Changeling again.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Even Pacino and De Niro have disappointed me. So far, Denzel hasn't.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Any Scientologist, Bruce Willis or Demi Moore.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
I can't think of a single one. People who walk around quoting movies instead of coming up with their own lines annoy me. Occasionally I'll join the fun online, but almost never purely from memory. Google is my pal.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Let There Be Rock. None with a plot.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Jesus Christ Superstar. No, I'm not trying to be funny.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
The Life of Brian. Trying to find someone who hasn't seen it is tough, though.

9. Name a movie that you own.
I only own It's a Wonderful Life, and that's because it was a gift. The family owns movies, I don't.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
I guess he was always an actor, first, but I first heard of Kevin Spacey as a comedian and I loved him. That's why I started watching his films. Another comedian who bridged the gap that I admire is Robin Williams.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
I saw pretty much every major film released between 1973 and 1983 at a drive-in. My parents snuck me in to see The Exorcist when I was six. I was scared and I cried. A year later they snuck me in to see Jaws. I was scared and I cried. When I was thirteen my buddy Randy and I snuck over the fence to look at Bo Derek's boobs in Tarzan, the Ape Man. I was scared...

12. Ever made out in a movie?
There was no actual penetration involved.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
Heat. I have no idea how I missed this.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Never. What would be the point of that? To show my displeasure? My disappointment? It's not like the producer will know if I left early. I paid my money, damn it, and I'll watch it through to the end.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
When Harry Met Sally. Shut UP!
Actually, I tear up easily at movies. Hell, I teared up when reading a Tom Clancy novel once. I'm fucking sick.

16. Popcorn?
I used to. But lately the little skins get caught between my tooth and my gum, and it drives me insane. So I no longer buy popcorn. Oddly enough, my neighbour's popcorn doesn't seem to get stuck. Weird.

17. How often do go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Wow. Uh, maybe every two or three years.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
Brokeback Mountain. Yeah, yeah, I cried at that, too. Shove it.

19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Anything but science fiction (sorry, Larry). With the exception of 2001, Hollywood never gets it right. Most of the SF style movies that don't suck (the Terminator, Alien and Matrix movies) only don't suck because they're decent adventures. I like almost every other genre.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Jesus Christ Superstar.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
The Conversation, starring Gene Hackman. Not that it wasn't awesome at the time, but I tried revisiting it 20 years later and it didn't even come close to living up to the memory. So I wish I hadn't seen it the second time. There's another movie I wish I'd never seen. I won't even talk about it. Sorry.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
The Cohen Bros. are responsible for all of them. Fargo probably wins the prize, though.

23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
The Changeling, hands down. The Ring was pretty spooky, too, but all the snobs tell me I'm godless for liking an American remake of a Japanese film. Screw you, snobs.

24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Just one? I can't. There's Something About Mary, Airplane, The Producers, and just about any Mel Brooks film would make the list.

I guess I have to tag someone, eh? Johnny, Alex, and Don. You're it.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]