2006/11/25

Watch this film

AMERICA - FROM FREEDOM TO FASCISM

Watch this film.
Comments:
I watched the first 10 minutes.

Any film that starts out with a "conspiracy of bankers" immediately raises my latent Jewish hackles. But that's not the worst of it.

Any film that relies as its fundamental premise the notion that the 16th amendment was never ratified is simply too stupid for words.

Yes, Judge Fox said what he said. But if you actually read the transcript, he said it not in a decision, but during a conversation with counsel on an unrelated matter -- and he also said, "Well, I’ve seen that –- I’ve seen somewhere a treatise on that, and I think it was -- I think I’m correct in saying that actually the ratification never really properly occurred." In other words, he was simply shooting his mouth off, and had no idea what he was talking about.

Meanwhile, other federal courts have actually ruled on the question. This is settled law; for this (or any) idiot to go around implying that there's no statutory or constitutional basis for an income tax is simply absurd.

If there's some actual substance in there later, let me know. But it's hard for me to believe that there will be.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]