2006/07/01

You're so blind

America is run by thugs and you really don't give a damn, do you? The president is shitting on the constitution and breaking international law. He never stops lying, but nobody on the planet seriously expects he'll ever be impeached for it. While bemoaning the crimes of power hungry dictators and calling for their heads, not even the most naive person believes Bush will ever be tried for his own crimes against humanity.

Fucking American hypocrites.

I was raised to love America by American parents, just like you were. I wept when the planes hit. I expected my country to weep, then to heal. Never in a million years did I expect that my countrymen would throw away their American ideals. Never did I expect them to let the country turn into that which it had fought against for so long. Never did I expect Americans to hand over their rights, wholesale, and to look the other way while their President trampled the rights of others. Never did I expect Americans would allow themselves to be led by the nose into needless wars by such blatantly obvious opportunists.

I'm an American citizen, but I'm ashamed of the fact. Americans have become blind and America has turned criminal. America has become the evil it once fought. America has turned ugly. America has become leprous, and America makes the rest of the world sick. I'm embarassed by my association with it.

I divorce you.
I divorce you.
I divorce you.

America is not my country anymore. I want nothing to do with it.

I divorce you.
I divorce you.
I divorce you.

The direction your country has taken disgusts me.

I divorce you.
I divorce you.
I divorce you.

You just keep on allowing your leaders to trample your rights and the rights of others. Fill your boots. I'm no longer an American. I'm one of the billions who are disgusted by America and everything it has come to stand for.
Comments:
Here, here. Well said.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]