2005/12/04

Music Piracy

I ran across this comment in one of the forums I regularly visit.
(Piracy) will continue to be the way of the world until CD prices fall to a price-point people will pay instead of pirating.
Bullshit.

The only price point that will deter people from pirating music is free.

I came of age in the 80s. I paid $10 (Canadian) each for albums, $15+ for the odd picture disc and over $20 for limited editions. Translated into 2005 dollars I don't see that the prices have been jacked up. In fact, I see them as the same or even lower, at least in the stores I frequent.

A lot of people are simply unwilling to pay for something which is now so much easier to steal than it was in the 1980s.

No, I'm not with the RIAA. The above argument is simply misguided.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]