2005/11/19

The Urinals of The M.V. Queen of New Westminster

My work life is erratic (not erotic, unfortunately).

As you know, Larry the painter tried and failed to get me back to the mainland to continue working on the M.V. Kwuna. Both he and I are rather expecting the shipyard to give in at the last minute once they realize the only way to meet their latest revised schedule is to change the forms to read "2006" instead of "2005."

However, it may be too late. My initial contact in the land of boatworld (Al) called me up Wednesday night and invited me to work on a completely different ship, the Queen of New Westminster.

It's somewhat larger than my first boat. By "somewhat larger" I mean roughly 25 times bigger.

Kwuna
New West.


The hours are shorter (tens instead of twelves, with a for-real day off tomorrow), but the commute is at least an hour each way so things haven't changed much as far as time is concerned. The good news, though, is that this shipyard pays significantly more per hour than the first one. w00t!

I was searching for a picture to show you. This was the first hit on Google. Isn't she a beaut?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Here's one from a bit further back.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I've got maybe another week ahead of me. After that...well, after that I may have something steady to write about. We'll see, and knock wood.

I'm starting to like the direction things seems to be going.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]