2004/07/21

Botanical Beach

EARTHQUAKE!!!

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! The world is coming to an end!

I didn't feel a thing. Rats.

In other news: Next week at this time we'll be out of town, camping. Those of you who are waiting for a good chance to break into the house and steal all of our [sarcasm]really nice stuff[/sarcasm] should mark your calendars. If you bring a moving van and jam it full you might be able to fence everything for as much as $200, maybe $220 if you bring the pop cans to a recycling depot.

Our oldest son is here for the summer and he's not going with us, though, so you'll need to bribe him to look the other way. Girlie mags and Metallica CDs should do it.

We'll be going to the Island's west coast again, revisiting some nice beaches that our youngest guy missed last time we went. Botanical Beach is our favorite. This guy has a lot of nice pictures to show what it's like. The tidal pools range from the size of a basketball to large enough to lose a truck inside, and they're just filled with life. It's really incredible.

It's also one of the few places I've discovered where I can walk out to a rocky point and have surf crash all around me, throwing spray way over my head. It's not the safest place to stand, but if I had to choose a way to go... Last time we went I camped my butt on that rock for over an hour while everyone else explored the beach.

I'd promise pictures, but you know my record.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]